Mr Frik Nel is currently the only member of the Association. Kobus Goosen is responsible for the river. Each committee member of the MBBV has an indirect responsibility to the Conservancy. Residents, who wish to become involved with the Conservancy, are kindly requested to contact Frik Nel for more details.
2. POSITIVE PROGRESS
- Full integration and membership in MEP projects in our area.
- Appointment of a full-time officer; Graham Loxton.
- Destroying of invader vegetation performed in Little Brak River.
- Establishment of Fauna and Flora Data Base workbook for Midbrak Conservancy.
- Establishment of new emblem for our Conservancy.
- Interventions by Conservancy in illegal dune destruction in the Little Brak River surround.
3. OUTSTANDING PROJECTS
- Information and Education Centre / office next to the ablution block and playground at Little Brak Beach.
- Conservation Information boards at the Information Centre and along the river.
- Placement of benches and wood enclosed garbage bins along visitors areas (beach and river mouth).
4. REMOVAL OF SNAKES
Please contact Graham Loxton – 071 755 1583 for removal of snakes.